Monday, October 4, 2010

T-6 days

Next Saturday morning, we leave for our on site training in Orlando for Wycliffe.  There are quite a few emotions (and even more mind boggling thoughts) running through my mind this weekend.  Things are becoming more real.  October seemed so far off when we first started discussing our Equip training with Wycliffe at the beginning of the summer.  Even when we began our online portion six weeks ago, it seemed that October would never get here.  Well, it is here and this time next week, we'll be back in our shorts and t-shirts and getting to know the others in our Equip group.  Seems like half of them are going to Papua New Guinea with us.  That is exciting!  

I have a new hobby that many of my friends and family don't know about.  I love to put together jigsaw puzzles.  Apparently Tim thought I was getting a bit too good at it, so he bought me this 1,000 piece puzzle that has been my nemesis for the last 3 months.  I've been drawing a lot correlations between this puzzle and life.  I find myself trying to put a piece of puzzle where I think it belongs.  It usually is wrong and goes in a totally different spot.  How often is life like that?  We think how the different pieces of our lives should fit together.  Well, they don't fit together like we think they should.  I'm so glad that the Master Creator is putting my life together and not me.  I make a big mess when I try to do it.  I also tend to quit or at least give up for a little while.  There are times when this puzzle gets put to the side for days or weeks at a time.  Fortunately, my Savior never puts me to the side, and He continues to work until the work He began in me is complete.  

So, as God continues to put the pieces of our puzzle together, please pray for us.  We are excited about meeting some new "puzzle pieces" next week and continuing the trail God has given us.  Pray for us to not to "force" pieces where they don't belong.  I'm known for being a bit impatient at times. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! Can't wait to meet you and the fam next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete