Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Just call me "Grace"

So, you may be wondering what is that picture?  Well that is what happens when a Momma decides to stay home and bring out the warmer clothes from the attic.  Although the attic has boards on some of the floor, it isn't completely covered.  I managed to sink my foot and half my leg through the blown insulation, subfloor, and drywall.  I'm sure if anyone had been passing by and looked into our window above the foyer, they would have thought we had some crazy Halloween gag with a foot hanging from the ceiling.  Yeah, it took lots of talent.  I have the huge bruise on my leg as proof along with this hole in the ceiling outside of Bekah's bedroom door.  Hey, I managed to not only shower insulation and pieces of ceiling in the hallway immediately below the hole, but also in Bekah's room, downstairs in the foyer and the "dining room".  I think the funny thing is my first thoughts as I was looking through the hole was "Uh-oh, that was the piece we had to replace in the living room."  We live in a two story house and the living room is downstairs under Bekah's room.  Yeah, pure genius!

We have the chance to choose how we react to different situations that come our way.  After I realized what I did and realized I was still alive and not seriously hurt, I started laughing.  OK, you know every last one of you reading this blog will probably be laughing, too.  How many of you can say you've busted through the ceiling?  Yeah, that's what I thought.  And although I may not be as skinny as I used to be, I'm not that big!

Anyway, back to the point of this entry.  I realize that when you are following God's plan and allowing Him to use you, you will face trials.  Yes, the devil is real and there is a real spiritual warfare going on out there.  In the past, I would have gotten mad at this situation and blamed everybody but myself.  I certainly wouldn't have laughed about it, especially when I have so many things going on right now.  I thank God that He has grown me.  Now, that isn't too say, I will always react this way.  I still have that fleshly desire pulling at me.  I'm thankful that God allowed me to see the humor in the situation.  Now I'm praying Tim will see the humor when he gets home and sees the hole.  I'm not so sure about that. 

I believe that we will continue to face attacks along the way.  Please pray that we will take them with our full armor of God on and persevere.  And as always "thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. (I Thessalonians 5:18, The Message)"

--Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment