Friday, February 10, 2012

Hike #3

On Monday we went on our third hike.  So far I think this was my favorite.  We hiked down the mountain to a local fish cannery- it was a little more than 3 miles down the mountain.  We went through the jungle, mountains, and a village.  It was pretty cool.

Our group is divided into four different hiking groups.  The school kids are all in one group, which is great! They definitely enjoy the hiking more with their friends than with us.  We enjoy it more, too because they aren't whining and fussing all the time!  I'm definitely more relaxed because I'm not worried about them and trying to make sure they keep up.

I took the camera with me, so I wanted to share some of the pictures with you.


Tim is ready for our hike.  We have been carrying our backpacks to help condition us for when we need to carry them on our upcoming 3-day hike.


The black thing is a snake we saw on our hike.  (Mom, don't look)


These are some pigs in one of the local villages we went through.    


They are in the middle of building a house for the pigs.


This is a house in the building process in one of the villages we hiked through.  I was tempted to just post the picture and tell everyone this was the house we were living in.  



One of the interesting bugs in Papua New Guinea.  It is a gorgeous turquoise color.



A red dragonfly we saw.  We have seen several different colors of dragonflies.



At the end of our hike was a small stream the kids enjoyed playing in.


Bekah after her hike.  Yes, that is mud all over her face from a fall she took during the hike.  I finally had to wipe it off myself.


It didn't take Andrew long to get down to his shorts to enjoy the stream.



Bekah was looking for tadpoles in the stream.


Andrew was jumping off the log bridge that crossed the river.


Andrew was looking for tadpoles, too.


Bekah was showing me one of the tadpoles she had found.




1 comment:

  1. Colorful dragonflies are cool. On the other hand the other "interesting" colorful bugs...you can keep them! Along with the "black thing"! ;) I didn't see any pics of Tara....Tim, sneak he camera away from her next time & take a few of her.
    We love y'all, miss y'all, & are praying for you daily!

    ReplyDelete