Monday, December 12, 2011

It's the Little Things, Too

Don't worry about anything, but in EVERYTHING through PRAYER and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God.  Philippians 4:6

They were lost and now they are found...
Right now our life is what you would classify as controlled chaos.  Boxes are filling up our garage, moving truck has been reserved, stuff is being sold or given away, goodbyes are being said.  OK, so I'm not even sure I would say it is completely CONTROLLED chaos, maybe just chaos around here.

Sometimes in the midst of the chaos and confusion, I have forgotten Who is in control and why we are willingly enduring the chaos.  Yes, I've been making requests known to God and asking Him to complete our monthly partnership team.  I haven't been making what I've deemed the small or insignificant needs known to Him.  Yes, I know He knows all of our needs, but we are commanded to bring them before Him.  I learned that lesson very clearly yesterday.

Yesterday after church I couldn't find my keys.  I searched my purse, my bag with my Bible, the car, but no keys.  Fortunately Tim was there, so he gave me his key, so I could drive home.  (We had driven separately because he had a meeting.)  We got home and went through everything, and still no keys.  We decided I must have left them at church.  We couldn't find them at church last night.  I was just baffled as to where they were, but was hoping someone would come across them at church as they are cleaning this morning.

Last night I crawl in bed, and I'm talking to God, glad He can hear me over Tim's snoring...(but that is for another post).  Anyway, I'm doing a review of my day with God, and I realized that I had never asked Him for help in finding my keys.  So, I immediately ask Him to help me find the keys.  Immediately I'm reminded that I had not checked my coat pocket.  DUH!  Well, sure enough there were my keys.  It was my Heavenly Father reminding me that I need to bring EVERYTHING to Him.  

He also knows I'm pretty hard headed sometimes (Shhh, don't tell my family...), so this morning in my devotional, He reminded me, again, with His Word to bring EVERYTHING (even the small things I think I can control, which really I can't) to Him.  OK, so I get the point, well, at least for now!


1 comment:

  1. Tara, I can so relate to this. I ask God to help me with little things all the time, car keys, eye glasses, how to find my way when I was trying to take Will to a college camp this summer. I was using my GPS, and it kept saying "your destination is on the left", no it wasn't, I got so upset driving in different directions to try to find the camp and then I pulled over, sat for a minute and cried, then I prayed please help me Lord find this place, immediately I knew just which way to turn, and I found a gas station and they pointed me in the right direction. God is always listening and He will never leave you. A long time ago, when I was a brand new Christian I was in a bible study and I mentioned how that morning I couldn't find my keys and I asked God to help me and one of the women in the study said they wouldn't think of bothering God with something so small, HA! I say, God wants us to come to Him for all our needs and desires, He is our number one supporter and provider. I'm so thankful God had our paths cross, I will miss seeing you, but I can't wait to hear about all your new adventures and how God uses you and your wonderful family. Love you Tara.

    ReplyDelete