Monday, October 3, 2011

Life's Not Fair

OK, so my kids favorite phrase lately is "It's not fair".  Yes, they say it in a nice, whiny voice about some apparent "injustice" they must face.  Things like having to sit next to each other to have their picture made.


They are right- it's not fair.  I started to get into that "it's not fair" funk earlier this week.  I wasn't feeling good, we had just be given some discouraging news, and the kids were, shall we say, requiring a little extra attention in the discipline department.  It's not fair!  So my dear, sweet wonderful husband took over, so I could just soak and refocus in a nice hot tub.  I thought about how life isn't fair.  As I was thinking about all the apparent injustices I am facing, I felt God gently reminding me that if life was fair, each and everyone of us deserves an eternity separated from God.  That would be fair.  After all, He is perfect, and I am sinful.  I do not deserve His mercy and grace.  Yes, I'm glad life isn't fair! 

I began writing this post earlier in the week.  This morning in service God reminded me through Pastor Steve's message that it is through the problems and trials that we experience God's miracles.  Again, life's not fair.  I'm glad life's not fair.  Here are some of my reasons.  What are yours?

  • I am the daughter of the King of Kings!
  • I have a husband that loves and adores me, even when I'm not lovable and adorable!
  • I get to experience the miracle of God's provision each and every month through His people!
  • I am chosen by God!
  • Our family gets to help bring the Word of God to the Bibleless people in Papua New Guinea!  
  • I'm forgiven!
  • I get to enjoy moments like this while homeschooling:

Yes, I'm glad life's not fair!  I'm so glad God is using me, although I certainly have nothing to offer but my availability!  


1 comment: